Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of completely restoring all of the teeth in your mouth. Full mouth reconstruction, unlike a “smile makeover,” is a necessary series of procedures, rather than an elective surgery.
Full mouth reconstruction is needed when:
- Teeth have been lost
- Teeth have been injured or fractured
- Teeth have become worn as a result of acid-erosion
- Jaw pain is present due to bite problems
Procedures Involved in Full Mouth Reconstruction
Every patient’s needs are different and, therefore, require different procedures. Usually, full mouth reconstruction requires multiple office visits and some amount of healing time. Dr. Weisner will determine which procedure or combination of procedures is necessary to restore and rebuild your perfect smile.
Some options include:
- Teeth cleaning (prophylaxis)
- Crown lengthening to prepare tooth structure for possible dental crowns or bridges
- Surgery to reposition the jaw (orthognathic surgery)
- Contouring of the gum tissue
- Reduction of natural tooth structure to prepare for crowns, bridges, and veneers
- Placement of temporary restorations to get you used to your new teeth or bite adjustment
- Placement of permanent restorations such as crowns, veneers, inlays/onlays, or bridges
- Braces to move teeth into the ideal position for reconstruction
- Bone or soft tissue grafting to increase the stability of your teeth or implants
Patient Reviews: Full Mouth Reconstruction
Please read testimonials from our patients. To leave a review about your visits at Minot Dental Partners, please use our Patient Review form.
Minot Dental Partners
Patient Review by Sarah H
Everyone in the office is so kind and professional! I went in for a crown lengthening procedure, and Dr. Weisner was great about making an unpleasant procedure the best he could. I ended up deciding to switch to MDP for all my dental needs, I highly recommend them!
- Sarah H
Patient Review by Shannon M
Very thorough. Staff very friendly as well.
- Shannon M
Patient Review by Lori F
The staff are personable and efficient. I love going here, they always ask about my family, my work, etc. They go out of their way to get to know you as a person first, patient second.
- Lori F